Want to keep your community healthy this flu season? Join the
American Hospital Association (AHA) in its "United Against the Flu" campaign.
The 2017-2018 flu season was one of
the deadliest in decades. It led to high levels of outpatient clinic visits,
emergency department visits, hospitalization rates and flu-related deaths.
And the virus mutates every year - just enough to endanger
millions - making it a wily target. Peak flu season is between December and
February and can last until May. Now is the time to put education efforts front
Take A Shot
That's why the AHA has ramped up its efforts in partnership
with national healthcare organizations, non-profits and agencies - and hopefully
you - to campaign for flu shots now. The AHA makes it easier for organizations
like yours to take your place as a trusted guardian of public health that
offers helpful and reassuring information.
Especially for those most at risk - the elderly, young
children and pregnant women.
Shared Resources Help You Spread the Word
United Against the Flu campaign offers a variety of communication and
information resources so no provider needs to reinvent the wheel:
- CDC's flu shot finder tool
- Ideas for promoting vaccines in the workplace
- Social media messaging targeted at families
- Tools and videos for both patients and providers for use during National Influenza Vaccination Week
- A wealth of communication toolkits for healthcare professionals
- Dozens of hospital associations willing to serve as your partner
Prevention Starts with Communication
us help you educate your community on the flu dangers and promote the "get
vaccinated" message so community members stay healthy. Call CMG Health Marketing today.