If you’ve been marketing your practice on autopilot and feel stuck in a tactical rut, play along. "It’s time to try something new when_____."
Now, let’s fill in the blanks.
1. It’s time to try something new when…you can’t remember the last time your online presence changed. Your website is the first place potential patients visit before making an appointment. If your site looks outdated and the information is no longer accurate, chances are that visitor is going elsewhere for his or her healthcare needs. And, if your site is not optimized for mobile, you risk losing an increasing number of people who use their phones instead of a laptop or desktop.
2. It’s time to try something new when…you’re using the same message across multiple channels. One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to marketing. Hone in on each platform’s strengths and change your message accordingly. For example, focus social media messages on building relationships. And deploy content marketing that informs and educates.
3. It’s time to try something new when…you’re using the same marketing strategies today you used three years ago. Digital channels change constantly and fast. Visual content continues to evolve, and SEO algorithms are harder to solve. Marketing experts know it’s important to stay up-to-date on trends and be ready to change up the strategy mix to stay relevant and competitive.
4. It’s time to try something new when…your passion outweighs performance. Sometimes we get so excited about a marketing piece, we can’t see when it’s an epic fail. Never let emotions cloud your judgment. Always measure the viability of a piece analytically. Use the data to help you make informed decisions.
5. It’s time to try something new when…you run campaigns without optimizing what’s working and dropping what’s not. Campaign optimization means generating a quick analysis and using the insights to make changes to your audience, creative, channel or another element. If one element is outperforming another, optimize it and discontinue or tweak the lower-performing tactic.
Is it time to try something new in marketing your practice? Let us know. We can help you develop and implement new strategies and optimize your campaigns for best results.